Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jayne- How could we live without her!

I came home from Sam's soccer practice and Jayne wanted to make some small talk. She pulled up to the bar and asked,"So Mom, how was it going at brother's soccer game?" I loved it.

We were walking in the parking lot of the school to meet them after school and the wind came up and Jayne brushed her hair out of her face and looked at me so annoyed. Me- You know like the wind. Jayne- The wind is not my favorite! I cracked up laughing.

The weather was incredible yesterday, so we packed up the bikes and went down to the bike trail. Sam on his bike, Ellie on the trail-a-bike behind me, and Jayne in the bike trailer behind Seth. We rode a couple miles to Woodinville (another town). We got dinner there and ate outside. Jayne was so happy all she could do was sing. She made up her own song singing,"You know what! You know what! You know what." At the top of her lungs with twirling in between. She sang the whole way home in the trailer.

She put her lawnmower in timeout today for being a "meanie."

Everyday when the kids are at school she askes,"Where are my brother and sister?" She misses them every minute they are away! I was picking her up and she came running to me saying,"Did you pick up my kids for me?" Meaning Sam and Ellie.
Or, "Where's my Dad?" She answers herself,"Oh, the office."

With a pink backpack on and a baby under her arm wherever she goes, she's ready to conquer the world.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

She sounds so adorable, Amy. Can't wait to meet her someday!

Jayne said...

Hey Amy! I'm so glad that you have a Jayne in your family. I don't want to sound weird or anything, but I have always loved my name. It's never given me any troubles:) And Jayne Christensen just has such a nice ring to it! I'm glad there's someone else to enjoy it for a while, like I did.

She sounds like such a great kid - I loved your post.

Love you guys!

Matt and Joanna said...

did you pick up my kids for me? that's my favorite line ever!